We are offering a team registration option! Fun fun! Any group of 6 or more can form a team. Here’s some important stuff to remember:
- There are no relays
- A team is 6 or more runners
- There is a $5 discount which is applied after a team has reached 6 or more runners. Email us once your team is at 6 or more and the $5 refund will be automatically applied to the card used at registration. NOTE: each participant must send an email separately for each refund request. The email must include the participant’t first/last name and confirmation number (available in the confirmation email received after registering).
- The first person that registers will create the team name. Subsequent registrations must all join that same team name to be eligible for the discount.
- No dirty team names!
- All teams must have 6 or more members by August 1st, 2016. If a team does not have at least 6 members by then, they are not eligible for the $5 discount or the team prize.
- Please note that you cannot double up on discount–i.e. if you received a military or other discount, then you are not eligible for the $10 team discount.
- There are three team categories for scoring: men, women and co-ed. A co-ed team may only have one more man than women, i.e. 4 men, 3 women; 5 men, 4 women, etc.
Team scoring will be done in a similar fashion to cross country scoring. The placing for the top 5 runners in each team is added up, according to each runner’s finishing place. The team with the lowest score will win. But, at least 6 team members must cross the finish line for a team to score or be eligible for the team prize.
There is no upper limit to the number of runners that you can have on a team. But remember that only the 5 fastest runners will count towards your team score.